Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2021

ginger bear

 Aim: To look at how yeast is used in food


Equipment: 


Spoon 


Kettle


Bowl


Beaker


Cloth sieve


Funnel


Plastic (PET) bottle and cap


bug


200ml warm water

2tsp active dried yeast

2 tsp suger

2 tsp ground ginger

Ginger beer ( for 1 Litre)

3/4 cup suger

1/2 tsp cream of tartar

1L cold water

Juice of 1/2 lemon 

1 sp ginger beer bug.

Method

1. in a large bowl put the sugar and cream of tartar then add the warm water

2. stir to dissolve the sugar before adding the cold water

3. add the ginger beer bug to the large bowl of cold water 

4. Stir well and then put into your clean bottle

5. Label your bottle with your group names

6. place all the bottles in the class container

7. Store in a cool dark place for two weeks before drinking


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.